2020 PIPAF in ISOLaTION (the Covid-19 edition)
This past June (2020), I had the honour in participating in PIPAF in ISOLaTION hosted by Parrsboro Creative. This is my video that I shot for it.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, most Plein Air events in their traditional form have been cancelled. In its place, Parrsboro Creative hosted PIPAF (Parrsboro International Plein Air Festival) in ISOLaTION, a virtual festival of Plein Air.
A collection of painting thoughts, techniques, and loves
St Croix River, Nova Scotia
My blog features things that I have been thinking about for what seems like a lifetime now.
As an artist and an oil painter, I like to think and talk about matters of the color palette, certain techniques that I have been developing, as well as what inspires me to paint particular landscapes and why I find myself returning to these places time and again to try and capture their essential qualities.
My paintings are an exploration of my connection to the landscape and an examination of the subtle veil that often separates us from a full immersion into our earthly experience.
Where experience empties out and preconceptions fall away and you are left with a very potent silence.
A brief history
- Studied oil painting under renowned Smithsonian artist Eleanor Kish
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Mount Allison University in 1989
- Attended first annual Parrsboro Plein Air Festival, June 2017
- Invited to enter work for “100 Years of Community an event commemorating the 100th anniversary of the Halifax Explosion.
- Solo Show – 10 days in October, Oct 6th-15th, 2017 – Parrsboro
- Group show – Art Off the Map – Oct 11th-Nov 3rd, 2017 – Gallery 1919, Halifax
- Group Show – Paint the Gardens 150th Anniversery – Sept 21st-Oct 5th, 2017, Teichert Gallery, Halifax
- Participated in “Paint the Hydrostone”, a Plein Air event, Halifax, September 2017